Friday, September 14, 2012

ISearch Why I'm Writing


Why I’m Writing


Ever since my accident, and my first migraine, I have always felt there was a connection. I have done research into Migraines before, but only to see what I could not eat in order to help stop them, and when I still had a Migraine every week I stopped the research and gave up. I was accepting defeat. Now with this ISearch I can dig deeper than before and get details and information from more than just the internet, I read documents, and books, along with articles that provide more insight into Migraines.
                I want to be able to find out if I have kids will I pass the episodes on to them? I’m getting to the age where I am thinking about starting a family. I don’t or would never want someone to go through the years I have with all the pain, which is associated with Migraines. Migraines have affected my life so much, limiting me food, drink, smells, driving, and self-motivation, along with work. If I get a Migraine at work I can’t stay there, I have to go home. One of the first signs that I get before a migraine starts is I lose the entire right side of my vision, and the pain is searing and pounding mixed together. It affects every day, to the point that I want to give up on every living a normal life, without the head pain.
                All the questions and concerns have been built up in my head for so long that as I write they just want to start pouring out. Why I’m writing about migraines you ask? Well, I want the answers that the doctors can’t give me. I want the knowledge and understanding that I am okay. I want to know that I can tell my parents not to worry any more, and that I am actually okay and they can fully believe that and can finally relax. Stress has been building as the Migraines have been getting worse with time, and it takes a toll on me in general. I want to learn that I can control what is going on with me, and turn it around to a positive end, an end that has no pain, and no sensitivity.

1 comment:

  1. Sure, this all makes sense. Do you want to phrase your 'I want to knows' as questions? Might sharpen focus.

    ReplyDelete