Monday, October 8, 2012

Meta Graf

I was sitting at the table, sitting on the bed, then moved to the couch. though after thought starts flowing into my head, first graf not good, I knew I needed to dig deeper, find what really means a lot to me. I try not to get distracted from the writing, but its very hard when you are 24, a girl, and into facebook, netflix, and shopping online, every little distraction edges into the writing time. When I open the screen to start writing I do the bad habit, especially during this cause essay and stare at the screen, just stare straight ahead and think what can I write. I don't want to have to rewrite, so i want to think it out first. BAD IDEA! I am over think so much, where do I add detail and where do I not put detail in. My mind is turning and twisting into a big ball of mush and the though aren't pouring out into the writing I am thinking of. I am getting frustrated, I know i can write a great paper, but I am having a time management problem, along with a major brain cramp. Finally it hits me, take a deep breathe, and start moving the fingers one bye one! There it is done an Essay about what is really important to me my non-blood family, that is little but has a big impact on every aspect of my life.

1 comment:

  1. The way students get distracted online when they have to write is the way I get distracted online when I have to read and grade! You are not alone!

    :)

    I am a great believer in writing, not thinking--getting it onto the page and then tinkering with what's there, rather than trying to work it out in a vacuum.

    Your essay will work when you do some of that tinkering and trim it back.

    ReplyDelete