Monday, November 26, 2012

Process Essay

      There are many things that go into the process of being a Black Friday shopper and/or worker. This Black Friday I was going to be prepared! The planning starts months in advance, with the first major obstacle, if you work in the retail industry, what shift are you going to pick? Then the picking of stores, they can be picked by the best deals from ads. And last but not least, that day arrives, and the shopping commences but you need to make sure you always stay on time, and stay within the budget.
     The planning starts with what time do I want to work during Black Friday, and there are several that I could choose from, midnight, morning, afternoon, or night shifts. I decided months ago that just like in 2011 I was going to do the midnight shift until nine in the morning. I know what your thinking but then you are going to miss the early door buster deals. Not necessarily, you see I get an hour lunch with that shift and i can shop on that hour break, plus another twenty minute break that is paid, I can make it to the in mall store that are having the wonderful door buster deals, and still will be able to shop at the stores outside of the mall when i get out of work at nine, and get the door buster deals before one o'clock.
     At first I didn't really know what stores I was going to hit first, most of all because, I didn't know what I want to shop for? I kept going back and forth on do I want to get a TV for eighty-eight dollars at sears, or do I want to hit up the trendy clothing stores, like Hollister, American Eagle, and Aeropostale. Then the flyer's came out and I got a chance to look those over and see the best deals. I X'd out the TV, and decided I needed to shop for almost everything else I needed, starting at the Ulta Beauty store for my lovely co-workers, and then game stop for the boyfriend, next was Joann fabrics for some ornaments and mommy shopping, and the last stores are the big retailers Walmart, Target, and Lowe's for my dad, and my grandparents. A great plan and if I can keep myself on track like I want, I should hit them all before 1pm of Black Friday.
      Aaahhh after all the planning that day arrives, and shopping is in the air. I just keep reminding myself to stay on time, make it to work, and remember to stay within budget, and make it to every store. My budget is one hundred dollars, maybe one hundred and forty dollars if I can finish my scorecard at work today, and get forty dollars extra. I also need to make sure I take my lunches half an hour each about two hours apart to maximize time at work for sales, and make time to get all the great sales. Also I need to eat so the snacks are behind the counter at work and the count down begins to the store opening and the shopping commencing.
      Last year I didn't rally shop the early morning sales too well. This year I made sure i would hit all the sales, and get what i wanted for Christmas gifts for my family and friends. i planned months in advanced in order to get the shift at work i wanted, and made sure i kept that shift. I made it to all the stores I wanted to keeping in the back of my mind the time i had, and the money I was allowing myself to spend in each store, and all together. My budget ended up staying right on track and I spent just about one hundred and twenty dollars altogether on Black Friday. All in all it was a successful day and I can say that i got home I was so exhausted I passed out on my bed at nine o'clock that night and slept until ten that Saturday morning! As a Twitter tag would go #ShoppedOut/ShoppingAddictionProblems.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'd say #CarefullyPlanned/ShoppingObsessive/ShoppedRight!

    How's that? Anyway, this definitely works as process and it's detailed very nicely. But it's sloppy around the edges with lots of sentences comma-spliced together.

    That said, I'm happy to take it as is.

    ReplyDelete