Friday, November 9, 2012

Process Essay


      What is a successful woman today? To me it is a woman that has gone through many woe's in her life, pretty much known as the steps of life. She prevails through those steps, grows from them. There are three life steps i have taken in the last five years, and they helped mold me into the young woman I am today. Psychological, Financial, and motivational. Three things that every woman or man goes through, and it can make or break them in the end.
     The night my dad came to gather my things and load them up into a moving van to take back home, he had to face me, a broken down, piece of nothing, or at least that is what I felt like then. My world had fallen apart. I was psychologically broken down, I had tried everything, going to teachers, the dean of education, and even the president of Husson. My last efforts even had teachers calling out other students, whom in their eyes didn't deserve to be there over me. I had a 3.2 GPA, I was a Husson Cheerleader, and involved in the community, I stayed out of trouble and always had my homework in on time. But I couldn't and still don't understand how I could have been kicked out after all my hard work just because I couldn't pay, It was a life lesson that I was learning the hard way. That not everything is handed to you, you have to work hard to achieve them, and you are going to be let down some times.
    Not paying leads to the next phase, into the financial woes of what is Tiffany's situation then and now. I owe Husson University at this point about six thousand dollars, and yes you read that right six thousand dollars. The amount sounds horrible but it was almost twelve thousand five years ago, so I have been able to pay off a bunch of it. But having that not payed off now is taking a toll on my bank account. See until I have that paid off Husson won't budge on giving me my transcripts. So these classes I am taking at EMCC I pay for out of my pocket, why? Well without that transcript I can't fully enroll, which means no financial aid once again! There fore the past three months out of the semester that I want to take classes, I have to pay three hundred dollars each month for my classes. There is a down side to paying for classes, Rent is usually a week late because at least one week my whole check goes to the school, except for gas money. sounds fun doesn't it, NOT! but if I want to take classes and be able to say I have a degree, I have to take the hit and pay, another big life lesson, i call it life lesson phase two, in becoming a more responsible adult. handling your finances on your own.
     I was very motivated in college, and leaving college early had a more than sour affect on me. For the first couple of days I was unmotivated, didn't want to do anything, just laid there in bed thinking woe is me. That didn't last to long. Because adding the first phases together, you come up with the motivational phase, a phase that brings you back to life. In the end all the psychological, and financial parts led me into a greater path. I didn't see it but even before I left the school, I was already creating a motivational phase. See before I left I met with all my teachers, and planned on doing all the work from home, and coming to classes at least twice a month, in doing that I proved to myself that I didn't need to be up there to succeed. I could be at home, and still take my classes. It was hard work, and I had to be motivated to do my best. I had 5 classes to worry about back then. In the end I had a 3.23 GPA, while spending 4 months of that semester at home. I kicked motivations butt, and showed my parents and my self that I could do it.
     I still have the motivation to fight for what I want out of my education, I've made changes, and grown up...A lot. and I have taken the steps to overcome what has happened to me through the phases of life. Whether if it was psychological, motivational, or financial, I had to over come them. I will succeed in life, I will have a degree, or two, or three. Nothing will stand in my way, not Husson, Not the money issue, and I will never be un-motivational towards getting my education. I want my children to know that there mom fought to get her education, that she took the steps to overcome the obstacles in front of her to get what she wanted, and she did not give up until her dream was reached.

1 comment:

  1. Whew, that essay sounds like it was a long time needing to be written and now, at last, there it is, down on paper, part of the process you describe.

    Glad to take it: unusual topic, the opposite of generic, thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete