Monday, December 3, 2012

Division Essay

     There are always going to troubles, and complications in any relationship, whether you have a man and woman, or same sex couples. Its how you handle and solve those problems that make the difference between a successful relationship and a failing relationship. Sitting here and thinking about relationships there are some things that are needed in everyone, you need a whole lot of trust, be able to talk to each other, and always have fun together.
      When ever I would look at my ex-boyfriends phone I would always think, "why am I not trusting him?" The answer came out of my mouth, in that question, I don't trust him. That was the end of the relationship. Now I know that trust is something someone has to earn, something that is not to played with, like a person's heart shouldn't be played with. I found that out the hard after several men had came and gone in my life. Each had either cheated, mentally abused, or just plainly not cared about me in any way. But chose to be with me and toy with me. New to dating, I always took it, losing confidence in my self, and what I thought was suppose to be a great relationship turned into a non-trusting and abusive life.
     Communication is always apart of life, used in jobs, families, and relationships. When there is no communication the relationships are tough, and most of the time fail. Josh, whom is my boyfriend now, is learning to communicate more with me on things he doesn't find he likes, maybe about what I say or do some times. He wasn't good at communicating a year ago, and we almost ended our relationship because we couldn't talk about our relationship without getting into a heated battle. Now almost a year later we are talking out our problems, and discussing issues, and asking each other for opinions. Knowing I can turn to him and talk to him with out a fight is a weight lifted off my chest, and bring me back to the thought that was brought up trust.
      Memories pop into my head when I think of the word Fun. going camping when it drizzling, and maybe 60 degrees out. Learning to shoot a gun, while trying not to scare the pants off my boyfriend. When my relationship is at its best, is when I know my boyfriend and I are having a great time together. I know when he smiles that there is a memory in the making, and something that will stay with me forever, Fun and laughter is needed to keep anyone sane, especially when you live in the same house, and see each other everyday, it keeps the relationship new, and exiting even after two years.
      My mother always told me "there are plenty of fish in the sea." Never to settle for any relationship that wasn't working. I have followed that to the relationship I am in now with Josh. We argue from time to time, and always talk about our problems until they are solved. I would trust him to take a bullet for me. if it ever happened, a trust that has been built over time. But our relationship would be nothing if we didn't laugh, whether it be at each other or together. We laugh, cry, and live life together.

1 comment:

  1. But the two topics you had to work with were Roads or Tools. This a division essay all right, but its topic is Relationships.

    I can't take it because it's off topic. Not too late to try a rewrite on one of the given topics.

    ReplyDelete