Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Worst Teacher

She turns and walks away, not wanting to notice or deal with the pain and suffering that was taking place in her classroom, play ground, and on the bus. In the middle of lunch boxes sits a girl, only nine, wondering why this happening to her and why her teacher won't listen. Bruises and red marks appear where the others have teased, pinched, and hit. the teacher does nothing, the tears don't bring any questions. She is angry when I say anything about the marks, saying "I don't want to hear it" and "grow up and clean your self up, come back to class." I always thought "Is this my fault, am I creating a problem." One day, as a third grader, I had a realization, "I am not the problem." The problem was a teacher who was not wanting to deal with problems and troubles in her own classroom, a person who didn't care about her students, only her paychecks. Her actions only cause more problems as the issues don't get solved, and Problems become larger with time. After that year, I was never able to forget that teacher or those students. This time in my life changed for the better, I help who needs it, and those who don't want to admit it. I stop bullying that I see, and speak of my experiences to encourage others to stand up, and fight to stop the bullying, and open the eyes of students, teachers, and adults in my life, so no one ever has to go through what I did, because no one should sit in the middle of a playground next to lunch boxes crying.

1 comment:

  1. "...so no one ever has to go through what I did, because no one should sit in the middle of a playground next to lunch boxes crying."

    Oh my, that's a very powerful close, and closes are not easy! It's a strong image and you use it both in the beginning and end to frame the whole graf. That's smart writing.

    ReplyDelete