Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hands

Beauty is the hands you have to work with all your life. My hands work and draw a brilliant picture, not on paper but on faces. A beautiful look made from my hands; that are small, soft, and always called gentle and light. Scars are small and very few, but one sticks out as I look at them, on my right hand there is an indentation, with a half moon scar. This is from cutting glass in art class with an Exacto Knife, combined with the glass I was cutting, though only noticeable when bending my fingers, it still brings memories of high school and classes back to me. The abrasions on my hand tell the story of my life, and continue to grow more stories as I grow, and my life changes with every day. My hands are my own, designed just for me, and no one else.

1 comment:

  1. What was the accident? Exacto knife? That's the kind of detail a reader can never get enough of and a writer ought to be generous with.

    ReplyDelete